Monday, July 11, 2011

Jelly Arms

Happy Monday! The title of this blog post is attributed to the fact that my arms feel like complete jelly. I just got back from my first Body Pump class in years. IT.WAS.AWESOME!!! If I'm not mistaken, the fabulous Erica teaches that class (or something similar). I love taking classes because I enjoy having the instructor push me. I need motivation and let me tell you, this class wasn't short of the stuff! I'll definitely be visiting this class again. Don't you love classes/exercises that make you feel strong?

This weekend I actually came up with a new(ish) recipe for Italian Chicken. I had a bunch of leftover ingredients that needed to be used up and some chicken that needed to be cooked.

All you need to make this recipe is:
  1. Chicken breasts
  2. Shredded cheese
  3. Marinara sauce
  4. Turkey (or regular if you prefer) pepperoni
  5. Breadcrumbs
  6. Toothpicks

I started off with two large chicken breasts that I split into four pieces.


Next, I added a few slices of turkey pepperoni and the shredded cheese.  I rolled the chicken up jelly roll style and secured with toothpicks.

I put the chicken in a greased 8x8 pan and sprayed the tops of the chicken with cooking spray.  Sprinkle some breadcrumbs on top and add a few spoonfuls of marinara sauce to the top of the chicken.

Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until chicken is done.



Enjoy!

I'm actually eating this for dinner tonight so I'll let you know how it is.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the day!

Question of the Day:
What type of exercise makes you feel strong?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie