Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Incredible

I cannot express how amazing I'm feeling right now. I just went over to Janetha's blog to see how the auction for Susan went. Are you ready? Between the auction and direct donations, the event raised $26,432.  You can see the breakdown here.  Thank you to everyone who donated money, bid on an item or donated something to the auction.  I'm sure Susan is overwhelmed at the turnout.  It's hard to believe, isn't it?  You guys are incredible!

I've been trying to round out my meals because, according to the pediatrician, what the little guy sees us eat, he'll eat.  The husband and I have been trying to make sure that we include veggies and fruit with each meal.  Since we've been doing this, the little guy has taken an active interest to see what we are eating.  It's amazing to see how much he wants to mimic the hubby and I.  For the time being, the little guy is loving the fruit (even though he doesn't swallow much of it) and snubbing his head at most of the vegetables.  Right now, I'm okay with that.  Fruit is good for him and he gets his vegetable servings in the pureed food anyway.

I made a big batch of baked ziti this weekend to serve the husband and I for three days.  I have to confess.....I broke a cardinal Italian rule, and Grandmom, please forgive me for what I'm about to say.  Instead of keeping the spaghetti long, I broke the noodles in half.  Growing up, the only time cutting or breaking of spaghetti noodles was allowed was if you were a young child.  Once you were about six years old or so, the cutting spaghetti stopped and the twirling began. 

I decided to break the noodles because, for this dish, it works out much, much better.


On the side, I served some steam in a bag vegetables that were coated with a light olive oil sauce. 



I bought the vegetables on a whim from Target and I will definitely be purchasing them again. It was AWESOME!

Question of the Day:
Tell me something incredible in your life right now.

Until next time!
~Anne Marie