Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Great Fundraising Act

Good morning, friends!

Over the past week, I've commented on Biz's blog a handful of times about how much I love the blogging community. Even though we don't know each other, I love the sense of community, care and concern that happens within the blogging world.

If you read quite a few blogs, then you may already know about Susan from the blog The Great Balancing Act. She's a healthy living blogger who was recently diagnosed with Lymphoma. She switched jobs a few months ago and her insurance hasn't kicked in yet. This means lots and lots of bills for her and her family. I encourage you to read her full story on her blog. She is currently blogging all about her journey through this disease.  Her story is incredible.

So where am I going with all of this? Janetha is hosting The Great Fundraising Act to help defray the cost of the hospital bills.   Over 100 bloggers  and some "blogger-favorite companies" (think Chobani, Great Harvest and Annie's just to name a few) have teamed up to help raise money for Susan.  I'm not much of a baker but I can crochet, so I'm offering to crochet a scarf for the winning bidder.  Bids for all items begin at $10.00 and all proceeds go directly to Susan.  The picture below is the one I submitted for the auction, but I have a few more for you to see. Of course, the winner will get to pick their color(s) of the scarf. 






For more information, feel free to check out The Great Fundraising Act.  The auction starts on July 25th!



*Special thanks to my cousin Allison.  I made her the above scarf for her birthday last year and she took the photos.  It's funny to me that even though I've crocheted a lot of scarves over the years, I've never taken pictures of any of them!

Question of the Day:
What's a cause that's near and dear to your heart?

For me, the answer is cancer.  It's affected too many people that I love and care about.  I'm glad I can do something to make a difference.

Until next time!
~Anne Marie