Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Food Review: KC Masterpiece Barbecue Sauce

Before I start with my regular post, I want to mention something that literally just came to my attention.

You see, when my husband and I got married, we were very blessed to have not one, but three priests celebrating the Mass with us.  I was very active at my home parish, so two of the priests from my parish were there and there was a priest from my husband's parish as well.  I have known this priest since my husband and I started dating.  He is a kind, compassionate, humble and gentle man.  At the time of the picture below, he was entering into retirement.  He went out of his way to come to my parish to celebrate our wedding with us.  It was one of the highlights of our day.

I just received word that he's not doing so well.  If you pray, please say a prayer for him.  If not, please keep him in your thoughts.  We know he's near the end, but it doesn't make the situation any easier.  Fr. Meehan is on the left hand side in the picture below.



Okay, back to regular blogging......

This weekend, while I was doing my cooking for the week, I had two helpers in the kitchen....
Little guy did more snackin' then cookin' but that's okay :)

The husband was in charge of making the barbecue chicken with this sample from Foodbuzz's Tastemaker Program.
The hubby marinated the chicken and cooked it for 30 minutes.

Honestly, I was a little disappointed in the barbecue sauce. It was very runny and the taste seemed off. Maybe it's because it was Southern Style? (although I'm not sure why that would make that much of a difference). The sauce seemed too tangy....can't say I was a fan at all. Oh well - you win some, you lose some, right?

Question of the Day:
Are there any sauces that you don't like?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie