Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Food Review: Breakstone's 100 Calorie Cottage Doubles

Hi friends!

I've been really bad at letting a few free coupons from Kraft's First Taste Program pile up.  I had a coupon to try Breakstone's 100 Calorie Cottage Doubles and when I saw it at the store this weekend, I knew it was time to give it a try.

I snagged the blueberry flavor thinking that it would be decent.  I have to say that I loved the convenience of being able to throw this in my lunch bag without worrying about it leaking all over the place.


I decided to eat it as my afternoon snack.  I typically eat a snack in the afternoon when I come home from work because the little guy has to eat before the hubby and I do.  My afternoon snack holds me over until I'm able to eat dinner.  When I opened the container, I saw this......

....and I knew it wasn't going to be a good eating experience.  I certainly didn't expect fresh blueberries but I wasn't expecting the off taste of the blueberry "sauce".  I have to admit that I was hesitant to add  the "sauce" to the cottage cheese because I love cottage cheese straight up.

Needless to say, it wasn't pleasant.  The taste of the sauce was off and in the end, it kept me satisfied for all of five minutes.  I would've loved to have more cottage cheese where the sauce was.

While eating, my friend (and co-worker) asked me what the heck I was doing snapping pictures.  I reminded her that I have a food blog and she smiled and said "I have some reading to catch up on!"  I told her I was taking a picture of her reading my blog and posting it today.  She'll probably kill me when she sees it....but she loves me so it's all good!


Question of the Day:
What's something you had high expectations for but were disappointed in?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie