Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Our Leader Left and Regular Meatloaf

Do I know how to name blog posts or what? haha.
Last Saturday was my leader's last Weight Watchers class in our area. She's been the leader for a few years now, and seeing her move on to bigger and better things was bittersweet. She's been a huge source of inspiration, an amazing friend and just plain awesome to work with. I'm really going to miss her but she's not moving too far away, so that's a good thing!


Over the weekend I was having one of those "cook out the freezer" moments and I came across some 80/20 ground beef that needed to be eaten. I couldn't tell you the last time I've had regular ground beef because I've been eating ground turkey for many years now. I decided to make a meatloaf. Doesn't sound so bad, right? Well, I was wrong. I forgot how greasy ground beef is and after the meatloaf cooled, it was sitting in a pile of grease. Talk about disgusting!


I was literally dabbing the meatloaf with a paper towel before I ate it. Now I remembered why I eat ground turkey! I don't think I'll be making that mistake again any time soon.

Question of the Day:
What's a food that you used to eat regularly but now won't touch?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie