Monday, June 27, 2011

Highlights from the Shore

Happy Monday!

We're back from the shore! My mom invited the family down to North Wildwood New Jersey for a few days of rest and relaxation. My brothers, mom and I haven't lived under the same roof for six years so I think we were all a little bit nervous that we'd get on each other's nerves by the end of the trip!  Thankfully that didn't happen, and after a few short days, here are some things I learned from this trip:
  1. My nephew reminds me so much of my brother it's scary.
  2. Even after six years apart, I'm still the instigator of the family.  Truth is that I don't even realize I'm doing it until someone gets annoyed.
  3. My niece has started smiling and I LOVE IT!  (Part of me thinks she laughs because her aunt is so crazy!)
  4. My son loves the sand and hates the ocean.
  5. My mom still makes the best food around.
  6. Having a few drinks with my brothers was a lot of fun.
  7. My sister-in-law has so much patience it's amazing!
  8. Sibling antics don't ever change.
Even though we were only there for two full days, we were able to go to the beach, hang out by the pool, visit the boardwalk and see the Cape May Zoo (which, by the way, you should definitely check out if you are ever in the area!)  We're hoping to be able to stay a full week next year.  Until then, here are some highlights from vacation!


Family photo on the beach

Hubby, nephew, brother and little guy

The view from the balcony

My mom with her grandchildren

My niece smiling up a storm!

Loving the sand

Family shot - we all got the "wear a gray shirt" memo

Yikes!

My brother and nephew
I can't wait to go back!

Stay tuned tomorrow - I have a fun giveaway coming your way!

Question of the Day:
What was the best vacation you ever took?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie