Monday, June 20, 2011

Best Dessert Ever!

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! Yesterday I planned a picnic in the park with the little guy for the husband's first Father's Day. The weather was gorgeous, the food was delicious and the company was spectacular :)

In honor of Father's Day, I decided to make the hubby a dessert that he would enjoy. He's typically not a dessert person, often choosing healthier options over things like cake and ice cream (really, who IS this person I married?), but when I found this recipe for Chocolate-Peanut Butter Truffles, I knew he'd love it.

I've never dabbled in making truffles before, but this was an extremely easy dessert recipe that will definitely be making the rounds at family parties. 

It was late at night when I made these guys so there aren't too many pictures.

Truffles before being rolled in powdered sugar

The end result!
The husband declared these the best dessert ever because they tasted like a Reese's cup. Now I have an entire fridge filled with these things that call my name every time I see them. They are amazing.....what are you waiting for? Make these now!

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie