Monday, May 9, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

Happy Monday!

The summer semester has officially begun at work which means that it will be insanely quiet from now until the end of August. It's nice to get a break from the craziness but by the end of next week, I'll probably be climbing the walls!

This weekend was so much fun. Even though things didn't go as planned, the hubby and I still managed to enjoy the beautiful weather. Since we spent Mother's Day with his mom and my mom on Sunday, he wanted to take me out to lunch to celebrate on Saturday. As luck would have it, on Saturday, the little guy woke up with his hands over his ears and was extremely congested and whiny. I called the doctor for an appointment and thankfully he checked out just fine. Turns out the ear pulling was related to his throat infection. Fun times being a parent, right?

By the time we got home from the doctor's, the hubby and I decided to postpone our lunch plans until this Saturday. We took advantage of the beautiful weather and took the little guy for a walk. He fell asleep and after I took this picture, I realized how big he's getting.  It's insane!


As part of Kraft's First Taste Program, I received a coupon for a free Jello's Temptation's Product. While I was in Target on Saturday I saw some and decided to pick some up. This coupon has been sitting around for a while and I needed to use it before it expired.

If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you'll know that I LOVE anything chocolate. When I saw the flavor "Double Chocolate Pie" I knew this was the one I wanted to try.



I was impressed right off the bat how big the container was for 150 calories. When I opened it, I was greeted with a chocolate mousse texture.



A few spoonfuls into it, I realized there was the "double" part of the Double Chocolate Pie.


I was a huge fan. It was light, airy and delicious. It was one of those foods that made me feel like I was eating something decadent but wasn't bad for me at all. It was a win/win situation in my book and I will definitely be picking up more of these in the future.

Yesterday was Mother's Day and when I stopped over my mom's my brother was there with my nephew.  It was a fun surprise!  My nephew has gotten so big!  He was so sweet about sharing toys with my little guy.  In fact, when it was time to change John's diaper, my nephew ran over, got John's stuffed Ernie and brought it over to him so he could have something to play with.  Eric, if you're reading this, we need to have more play dates ASAP!

My nephew, brother and little guy
All in all, it was a pretty fantastic weekend.  I was sorry to see it go!

*Edited to add*  I just found out that my son is in the running to become one of Parent's Magazine's weekly Reader's Choice Finalist.  Basically, he has the chance to be on the cover of the magazine, but he needs votes to get there.  I normally don't do this, but if you could vote for him, that would be pretty cool!  Here's the link.  Thanks in advance! 

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie