Monday, May 16, 2011

Trying Out a New Product

Happy Monday! I can't believe I'm starting another work week. I swear that the weekends just fly by, especially when you have busy weekends! Thank you all for your kind words on Thursday's post. Your supportive comments mean so, so,so much to me.

I've been getting some free coupons lately and I thought it was time to use some of them up. As part of Kraft's First Taste Program, I received a coupon to try their new cheese products "with a taste of Philadelphia Cream Cheese" in them.  I was interested to see if I could really taste the difference between regular cheese and cheese with this added to it.  *Spoiler alert - I didn't taste any difference.


The first thing I did was check the ingredient list.  Turns out that there was cream cheese powder instead of the real stuff.  I was kinda turned off.  Powder?  Come on, Kraft!

I used the cheese to make a pizza.  I was a little concerned because the only flavor I could find was Triple Cheddar and I wasn't sure how that would translate onto a pizza.  I took my chances and made it anyway.

*Confession time* I don't know that I was the best person to try out this product. I haven't had full fat grated cheese in a long time. I usually buy the 2% milk.

When the pizza was done, about 18 minutes later, I pulled it out and was greeted with this.
It looked and smelled amazing.  I enlisted my little helper to see what he thought, but he was too preoccupied with other things.

After one bite, the husband said that it tasted like pizza from his favorite pizza place.  I don't think it was that good, but it was probably one of the best pizza's that I've made.  I'm not sure if it was the cheddar cheese or the fact that it was full fat cheese but it was pretty yummy. 

All in all, it was a win in my book!

Question of the Day:
Full fat, 2% milk or fat free cheese - what's your preference?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie