Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Motivation

Hey there!

I'm so excited about the weather. It's been perfectly breezy and sunny.  The hubby, little guy and I have been taking advantage of it by taking walks after dinner. It gives us some time to unwind after work is over and to be a family. I love, love, love family time.

Last night before I went to bed, I tried on some more of my pre-pregnancy clothes.  Some fit but most didn't.  Instead of being bummed out, I was motivated.  Motivated to keep eating right, working out and trying my best.  This is the first time that I've actually sat back and appreciated my body for what it can do, what it has done and what it will hopefully be able to do in the future.  I realized that while I'm not where I want to be weight wise, I'm happy with the weight I am losing.  It took me nine months to gain almost 70 pounds.  It sure as heck is going to take me a long time to lose it. 

This time, along the journey of getting my body "back", I'm making a promise to myself that I will be kind to me.  I won't criticize my body along the way but love it for the way it is.  When I was at my lowest weight I would constantly pick myself apart.  Looking back on pictures, I see that I looked awesome just the way I was.  All of those insecurities I felt never showed up in pictures.  I accept and love myself at all weights at all times. 

Okay, I'm stepping off of my soapbox to get onto the food portion of the blog.  I picked up some bbq sauce and made some bbq chicken.  The hubby was happy to see this back in the food rotation and I was happy to get some cooking done.




Hope you have a beautiful day!

Question of the Day:
What motivates you?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie