Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It's Hot

Happy Tuesday!

I can't believe I'm back at work already. It seems like just yesterday I was hanging with the little guy and the husband. I had a nice, relaxing weekend and I can't wait until the next time I have off for a few days.

So yeah, it's hot. Somehow it went from the 60s to the 90s in just a few days. How the heck does that happen? I've decided that it's time to get the little guy a kiddie pool.  I'm getting out of work early today, so I'll head to Target to see if I can find anything.

Even though it's hot, a girl still has to cook.  I decided it was time to make some baked ziti, and I had to use up two boxes of pasta.

I had these guys and a box of whole wheat pasta.

I love the shape of rigatoni's versus the spiral shaped pasta.  They hold so much more sauce!



I love combining different shaped pastas when I make baked ziti.  It makes every bite interesting.  (I'm a dork, I know!)

Since it was so hot, I didn't want to turn on the oven to melt the cheese on top, so I decided to let the cheese melt on its own. I figured it would melt again once I reheated it.


Not so bad, right?

I'm off to do some more work - it's been pretty busy today!

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie