Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Therapeutic Cooking

I like to relax and take it easy on the weekends, but most times sometimes that doesn't happen.  Since the hubby and I both work on Saturdays (me only a few hours at a Weight Watchers meeting and him a more "serious" job), Sunday becomes the day in which all errands get done.  Wash, making lunches, cooking, cleaning....you name it and we're probably doing it.  We're working on changing up our hectic Sundays to resemble our family Sundays that we promised we'd have way back when.

It came as no surprise on Sunday that in the blink of an eye it was time for dinner.  The little guy was sleeping and I could feel the rumbling in my tummy.  The husband wanted something quick, like his omelets but I wasn't in the mood.  I wanted to do some therapeutic cooking and decided to make pasta and shortcut fresh rolls.  Sure, I'd made this a few weeks ago, but something about bread in the oven, a pot of gravy on the stove and noodles simmering away in boiling water was calling my name.  For once, I wanted to slow down and not rush the cooking process.  I wanted to enjoy it, to take it in and have a substantial meal that we could both enjoy.


Turns out right after I snapped this picture, the little guy woke up and craziness ensued. It's always fun trying to eat with a baby who doesn't want to be anywhere but in your arms! I'm relishing in these moments though - pretty soon he'll be squirming to get away from me while he's trying to play with his friends.

It was nice to kick back and relax, even if it was only for a few moments. I sure hope these therapeutic cooking moments enter my life more often.

Question of the Day:
Do you find cooking therapeutic or is it a chore?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie