Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday!

This morning was one heck of a morning - I just hope the rest of the day is much more calm!  The hubby is working tonight which means that he's dropping the little one off at my mom's house later in the afternoon.  Since I'll be picking him up after work, I drove down to my mom's house to take the train into work.....except that today there was a power outage which canceled all of the trains going into the city. 

I drove from the train station to the bus stop but it took an hour and a half to get into work!  I was an hour late and exhausted by the time I arrived, but at least I made it! 

In spite of the craziness this morning, I do have something to be thankful for.....sore muscles!

Yesterday I went to a circuit training class at the gym.  It's basically like Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred but without a Jillian-like instructor screaming in your face.  It's a half hour class but boy do you feel it afterwards!

Last week my abs were hurting for 3 days straight.  The soreness is a bittersweet feeling for me.  I know it hurts but I also know that whatever I did is working!


Source
 I love the feeling of knowing you had a good workout.

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

11 comments:

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful the weather is finally getting nicer - never would have thought 35 degrees would make me happy!

Have a great day!

Jennifer said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm thankful that my netflix order is here! and it's jill's 30 day shred!!!!! I am so excited to try it!

any tips? <3

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Roz said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow...that is a rough start to your day. But love that you founds sunshine in the day anyway!!
I'm thankful for my friends and family EVERY day, and I'm VERY thankful for the fresh figs I found in the store yesterday. YUM!! Have a great day.

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Ack! I hate crazy commutes too. Our trains do obnoxious things with their schedules that throw off my whole day!

Glad you are enjoying your workouts. Sometimes I love/hate the sore feeling too!

Today I am thankful for feeling less sick. I have my tastebuds back!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Jennifer,

My tip would be to do each level for around 10 days before moving on to the next set. It's challenging but very worth it at the end!

getting Fit said... Best Blogger Tips

ha too cute!!! luv that! I am thankful to be able to be working ...lots of people dont have jobs right now :( !

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm thankful for the little things that I often take for granted, like a kitchen full of delicious food, clean drinking water, and a warm house when it's 15F degrees outside!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful to have gotten some of my rings back from our house break-in last week!!!

theartsykitchen said... Best Blogger Tips

I really like being sore from a good workout too!

I am thankful for my sweet family and friends.

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

I sort of love being sore too :) Glad the workout kicked some booty! I'm thankful for a healthy baby!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

A little late...but I'm thankful to be feeling better :) Hope you had a great weekend!