Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sides

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a pretty lazy cook.  A lazy cook with a food blog....now there's a match!  I love simple meals of a main dish and salad, but every once in a while, I crave a side dish.  Sometimes it's veggies and other times it's a starch.  It's not that I don't enjoy a nice well-rounded meal, but sides take time and time isn't something I have a lot of at the moment. 

The other night,  I had some pork cutlets for dinner and it felt like it was missing something.  While the hubby was out with the little guy, I made my favorite side dish.....pasta!

Whole wheat pasta, to be exact!
Although I would much prefer pasta as a main dish, having a little bit with my side of pork did the trick.

Sorry for the extra short post today...work calls!

Question of the Day:
What kind of pasta do you prefer?  Whole wheat, white or something else?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

10 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Pasta with marinara is so comforting! In terms of pasta- taste wise, I can't really tell the difference between white and wheat. In rice and other grains though, I much prefer the taste of brown!

thehealthyapron said... Best Blogger Tips

I only eat ww pasta and I don't even miss the white varieties!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Have you tried the Ronzoni brand pasta? It's whole grain but tastes like regular spaghetti - my husband can't tell! :D

Biz said... Best Blogger Tips

Oops - that was me in the last comment - I hit enter too fast! :D

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Haha Biz! No, I haven't, but I'll give it a try!

Jennifer said... Best Blogger Tips

I totally eat pasta dishes as a side dish on occasion.. I should do it more often actually b/c it keeps my portion control down and I can enjoy it without worrying about eating tooo much pasta!

I'm working on making the WW pasta my only one... but its taking a little longer than I had hoped!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

I prefer white pasta! I need to give wheat a try again though and if, like Erica, I can't tell the difference i'm going to go wheat!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't eat pasta often, so I'll eat any kind. I kinda like the extra nutty wheat pasta taste!

Also, when you tried commenting on my blog, did you click on the title of the post to try to comment? I want to try to troubleshoot this issue and hope I can figure it out!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I really like spelt pasta ... it has the same texture as white pasta, but looks purple!

Roz said... Best Blogger Tips

Love pasta. Definately whole wheat for us!! Have a great day.