Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Secret Ingredient

Happy Tuesday!

After yesterday's post of rolls and pasta, I knew I wanted to keep the Italian theme going by making some meatballs.

I've made meatballs before using ground turkey, oatmeal, egg whites and spices, but I stuck with the traditional route this time.  I used one egg, ground turkey, breadcrumbs, spices and a secret ingredient - fresh grated romano cheese.  My mom has always put cheese in her meatballs but this was a first for me. 

The result was a delicious meatball that had that cheesy flavor I can't get enough of.  I'll definitely be making my meatballs with freshly grated cheese from now on!


See the hole in the meatballs?  The husband was up to his usual tricks again!

I hope you all have a fantastic day!

Question of the Day:
What's a secret ingredient that you use in recipes?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie