Friday, March 11, 2011

Raiding the Cabinets

Happy Friday!  Thank you all for your sweet comments about the video yesterday

Today is going to be a fun day.  The hubby, baby and I are headed to my mom's house after work for a sleepover.  Both the husband and I have stuff going on close to mom's house tomorrow morning and it's a lot easier to leave from mom's house than it is to leave from ours.  Gotta love sleepovers!

What do you do when you need to go food shopping and have limited food supplies in the fridge?  For me, I raid the cabinets and freezer to see if I can come up with some semblance of a meal.

Lo and behold, what did I find?  Tuna and broccoli.  Time for a tuna melt with broccoli on the side.



Not the most appetizing picture but it tasted comforting and yummy nonetheless.

Question of the Day
What are the staples in your pantry?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

11 comments:

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

Tuna and caned salmon are staples in my pantry. I also always have some easy frozen trader joes meals in my freezer.

Tuna melts are the best! Definite comfort food :)

Jennifer said... Best Blogger Tips

mmmmm i would totally eat that!

the secret to the sprouts is to blanch them -- i think you'd love the recipe I posted! =) you can even sub broccoli in for the cauliflower or just add it to the mix! <3

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

I have a stocked pantry at all times, it's kinda bad. I'm glad moving companies move food, that's for sure! I always have dried fruit and canned soups. Crackers & cereal, too :) TGIF! Enjoy your weekend!!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

I have a stocked pantry at all times, it's kinda bad. I'm glad moving companies move food, that's for sure! I always have dried fruit and canned soups. Crackers & cereal, too :) TGIF! Enjoy your weekend!!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

I always get excited when I make a good pantry meal! My staples are beans, tomato sauce or pasta sauce, noodles, vegetables & nut butter!Enjoy your weekend

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

My pantry has lots of cans of beans and diced tomatoes - and enchilada sauces too. Easy to throw together a meal!

thehealthyapron said... Best Blogger Tips

I hate having an empty fridge but when I do I usally can find something to eat! Have a great weekend!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I've been wanting tuna- you just reminded me!

I always have almond butter, beans, and pasta.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

We always have multiple kinds of rice in our pantry, an assortment of legumes, canned mushrooms, tuna, and soups.

Roz said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Anne Marie. Have a GREAT time at your sleepover. My staples? yogurt, almond milk and whole wheat pasta.

theartsykitchen said... Best Blogger Tips

I love tuna melts! They are my go-to easy weeknight meal! Never disappoints!