Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Peanut Butter Icing

Since yesterday was the hubby's birthday, I wanted to make him a cake.   I've been making him the same butterfinger cake since we started dating but this year was a little different.  Somehow time snuck up on me and I wasn't able to get all of the ingredients I needed to make it.  I did a little improv and made a plain vanilla cake with peanut butter icing.

I emptied a container of whipped cream into a bowl and combined it with a few tablespoons of peanut butter.



*Fun tidbit - we go through so much peanut butter at our house.  We buy two 40oz jars and they last about 3-4 weeks.  It's INSANE!

After the peanut butter and the whipped cream were combined, I stuck it in the freezer to harden just a little bit.  I had completely forgotten that whipped cream melts. I blame it on my new mommy brain. I should've used cool whip, which would have held up much better in the situation.

Once the icing was harder, I iced the cake and cut a slice for the hubby and I to enjoy.






I loved the cake and peanut butter combination.  Even though I like the butterfinger cake better, this was a nice change. 

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite kind of icing?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie