Monday, March 14, 2011

How to Make a Stromboli

Happy first Monday of Daylight Savings Time! I can't wait for the warmer temperatures, evening walks and general awesomeness that comes with gaining an extra hour of sunlight.

Yesterday, while the husband was busy with house projects, I decided to make some dinner.  I was going to make some pasta but ended up making a stromboli because I thought you would be tired of seeing another dish with pasta on the blog.  I love stromboli's because they are so customizable and so easy to make.  I took leftover ham and cheese and turned it into a delicious meal.

How to Make a Stromboli

1.  Make sure your dough is defrosted.  I forgot this step and had to defrost my dough in the microwave.  The microwave thought I was defrosting chicken.  You win some, you lose some.

2.  Enlist a helper.  Cooking is more fun if you have help.



3.  Roll out your dough onto a cookie sheet.  I lined mine with tin foil for less cleanup.

4.  Start filling the stromboli.


5.  After you are done adding your fillings, put some cheese and spices on top.


6.  Check on your helper.  He may have gotten distracted.


7.  Bake it in the oven until the dough is cooked through and the cheese has melted.

8.  Slice it and enjoy!

Hello, natural light!
I heated up some marinara sauce on the side.  It was delicious!

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

4 comments:

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum! I love stromboli.

Your helper is adorable!!!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Perfect dinner! I love making these for parties too- always a hit. And I must agree with Jenn, what a CUTE helper!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, ladies!

Roz said... Best Blogger Tips

Stromboli is sooo good. And I"m a little smitten with your baby! OMG, he's ADORABLE!!!!!!! I want to reach through my monitor and pinch his little cheeks!!! Have a great day.