Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Typical Meal

I have gotten to the point in my eating habits where it's time to change things up.  I am a creature of habit, and it's something that's been with me since I was a little girl.  Heck, my mom even had us on a two week cooking schedule as kids. 

I think it's time to add some side dishes to my meals.

Take, for example, my dinner last night.   

Turkey meatballs, wheat bread and a salad


















Where are the other veggies in my life, and why don't I take the time to make them?  Every night I have a main course and a salad and that's pretty much it.  I think it's a laziness thing for me and the fact that the hubby isn't much of a vegetable eater doesn't help.

I think eating more veggies will help with my nighttime snacking habit.  Am I the only one who can eat fruit like it's going out of style but have a hard time fitting vegetables into my life?

Question of the Day:
Are you a fruit or veggie person?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

5 comments:

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun said... Best Blogger Tips

Nope. Not the only one. I never have a problem eating plenty of fruit but I have to plan for veggies. I love them, but I just don't naturally turn to them as often.

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Fruits are much more fun and I love the sugary sweetness of fruit!

I love adding veggie sides and it's gotten much easier lately. My favorites include big trays of roasted veggies with salt, pepper, and olive oil. I also love sauteed zucchini or big plates of raw veggies to dip in hummus. They fill my up and I still get some of the good stuff!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Veggie for sure. I could live without fruit if I had to.

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Hello! How have you been? First off- that dinner looks yummy :) I am a fruit and veggie fanatic. Both fresh and frozen are fabulous. Sorry I've been MIA- will finally have a post up tomorrow :)

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Erica,

I've been great, thanks - and you? No apologies necessary-I know that can happen with a momma-to-be!