Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday!

When my company partnered with Great American Fitness a month ago, I was super excited.  As participants in the Great American Fitness Challenge, my co-workers and I were granted free gym access for a total of 60 days.  On my lunch hour, I've been going to the gym and loving every minute of it.  Today, I'm thankful for exercise.

(Source)
It feels so great to get back into the exercise groove.  When I found out that I was preggers, the doctor told me the only exercise I could do was walk, and after the baby was born, I wasn't allowed to exercise for six weeks afterwards.  All of this inactivity led to a slump and sluggishness that I hope to never feel again.  If I ever get pregnant again, you can be sure that I'll definitely be exercising!

I love the way exercising makes me feel, both physically and mentally.  It gives me a sense of strength and peace.  I can't tell you how much it relieves stress and how happy I am after a sweat session.  After these 60 days of free gym membership are over, my co-workers and I have decided to keep up with regular exercising during lunch.  I'm super excited!

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

7 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Thats awesome that y'all get a free gym pass!! They only let you walk through your whole pregnancy? I could only walk for like the first three months, but now they've freed me up (as long as I watch my HR). I agree- exercise and health are two HUGE things to be thankful for :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful for all my supportive blog readers.

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

It's so cool that you exercise over lunch- you are so lucky to be able to do that!

I am also curious about why your doctor only let you walk during pregnancy as I though exercise was OK throughout pregnancy.

Today I am thankful to be able to work from home since I'm sick.

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Great job on making the most of the 60 Days...

it's nice that you guys are going to keep at it =)

I have the same question as Mansana...I thought it was okay to exercise during pregnancy

thehealthyapron said... Best Blogger Tips

Awesome that you are feeling in the groove with exercise!! That is awesome! I'm always so thankful for the ability to walk and run!! Can't take the simple things for granted!!

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

That's awesome about the pass!! I love exercising over lunch. :)

Today i'm thankful for work from home days!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Great question about the exercise! So about 12 weeks into the pregnancy, I started spotting and the doctor told me to take it easy. At the time, we thought that I might possibly be having a miscarriage. I don't think he knew just how active I was prior to getting pregnant and I'm not sure why I never questioned him on it.