Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday!

Happy Thursday! Hooray for being one day closer to the weekend!

I can't believe that I'm actually admitting this, but last night, the hubby and I watched Sanford & Sons.  You see, there's kind of a back story that goes along with the Sanford & Sons thing.

The hubby hates television.  When I say hates, I mean he really hates watching it.  He's not a sports guy, not a fan of the news or most sitcoms.  Quite frankly, he'd rather spend his time doing something 'productive'.  The guy didn't even own a TV when I met him. 

On the other hand, I don't mind TV once in a while.  I like watching it after I come home from work and need to unwind for a bit.  Most of it is mindless, and while it's not the greatest habit in the world, it's certainly not the worst. 

Since we try to save money where we can, we decided not to get cable in our house.  It doesn't make any sense for us to pay money for something that we'd hardly use.  The other day, I came across something called Antenna TV.  It broadcasts all of the old TV shoes like Gidget, The Flying Nun, Good Times, Married With Children (hey, when did that become an old show?), Sanford & Sons....you get the idea.

When the husband saw that Sanford & Sons was on TV he literally stopped in his tracks and came over to watch it with me.  I couldn't stop laughing because this guy who I have to 'fight' to watch TV with me willingly came over when he saw "Pop and Lamont" on the screen.  Men....go figure!

Anyway....back to Thankful Thursday.....

Today, I'm thankful for unexpected acts of kindness.  The hubby did the food shopping on Friday night and he came home with these...





















It wasn't an anniversary, or special occasion.  He bought them because he was thinking about me and thought that I'd enjoy them.  I'd take flowers for this reason over flowers for Valentine's Day any day.

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

5 comments:

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

You've got a keeper! Flowers just because are the best ones :)

I loved the story about the TV show and your hubby. That's cute :) We are big TV watchers in our house, but luckily there's an elliptical and a treadmill parked right in front of a TV so we can do something really good while indulging in our guilty TV delights!

Biz said... Best Blogger Tips

That is so nice!! My husband is the opposite - the t.v. is pretty much on all day and night.

I am thankful that my husband doesn't mind my ugly crying face! :D

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

That's so sweet. I got flowers once on Thanksgiving for no reason;)

I think it's cute that you watched an old show together- probably brought back some nostalgic memories for the hubby.

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Those flowers are absolutely GORGEOUS. I haven't gotten roses in forever!

xo

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful for an easy semester at school - it lets me have more time for myself.