Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Picante Sauce

Happy Wednesday! 

I just love bloggers and blogging.  I am constantly amazed at how friendly, thoughtful and kind other bloggers and blog readers are to one another.  Yesterday I came home to the sweetest package from Biz...an adorable reusable grocery bag and the chance to go out to lunch.  Run over and check out her blog if you haven't already....she's one of the coolest bloggers I "know". 

A few weeks ago I received some free Pace Picante Sauce as part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program.  The first time I tried this kind of sauce, I made some Texas Two Step Chicken.  This time around, I wanted to try something different, however, my creative juices weren't flowing.  In an effort to throw dinner together as fast as possible, I ended up using this....






















as a topping for this.....

1 Tablespoon of light mayo topped with picante sauce.  Weird, but tasty!

Delish! 

Perfectly spicy and creamy at the same time.

Question of the Day:
Tell me the weirdest way you've ever used a condiment.

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

8 comments:

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Hmmm...I can't think of anything too bizarre, but I put salsa on anything. I also put hot sauce on anything. I used to dip chicken nuggets in ranch and BBQ sauce back in middle school. That's bizarre, right?

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

It sounds pretty darn tasty to me!!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Biz totally rocks :) Love that lady! And I use salsa as my standard salad dressing! I just love it!

I love carrots dipped in yellow mustard. :)

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

I use salsa on everything, including salad. Hmmm but the weirdest would probably a few weeks ago when I was out of salad dressing - I just dipped every bite of salad in mustard. lol Not too bad actually!

BusyB said... Best Blogger Tips

yA i am not to sure lol! I can say i used ketchup for my chips?? ; ) !!!

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

ha! I like it - I think it's fun to mix up randomness! I too use salsa on everything from eggs to baked potatoes!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

I use salsa all the time on salads I absolutely love it!

xo

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Good question ...

I put ketchup in my homemade chicken noodle soup. Is that weird?