Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Little Too Late

Hello friends!

It's no secret that I love pizza.  I can't tell you the last time that I've had takeout pizza.....wait a second....I think I can.  It was right after the baby came home from the hospital.  Even though my family ordered pizza once a week when I was younger, I prefer making my own pizza at home.  There's something about knowing exactly what's going into it that makes the pizza taste much better.

I started with some whole wheat dough and added some turkey pepperoni, cheese and marinara sauce.

I put the pizza in the oven and went over to talk to the husband.  I set the oven timer, and after twenty minutes, I checked on my pizza and was met with this.......


Oops.  Looks like I should've relied on my instincts rather than the oven timer.  Even though it was extra crispy, the husband said it wasn't so bad.  Me?  I wasn't a fan in the least.  Oh well, you win some you lose some, right?

Question of the Day:
Oven timers-use them or lose them?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie
Burnt much?

5 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Still looks yummy to me!!! I use my timer but more as a general reminder. I try to check throughout cooking (as long as its something that won't get messed up if you open the oven & peak!). Homemade pizza is totally delicious. I love that you can add whatever toppings you want!

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

I rarely set a timer... I just keep checking obsessively! I should probably break out the kitchen timer :)

Your pizza still looks good!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I set the timer on my microwave when I am cooking.

Pizza is the greatest food ever created.

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I always have to check on whatever I am cooking- I don't have patience and sometimes the oven timer messes things up!

It still looks good to me though!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Still looks good. My timer didnt go off last time I was making a cake it was a bad smell that came from my oven. I seriously need to make some homemade pizza.

xo