Monday, February 21, 2011

Leftovers and Weekend Fun

Happy Monday!

How was your weekend?  Even though it went by really fast, my weekend was a lot of fun.  Saturday, we celebrated my nephew's birthday.  He's very much into Thomas the Tank Engine right now, which is adorable.  After we sang Happy Birthday to him, he dove right into his cake.  I'd say this kid loves his icing!
Watching little kids eat cake cracks me up!
My older brother (my nephew's father) has this 'thing' with Mike Schmidt.  He absolutely loves him.  I'm not quite sure why, but he's liked him since as far back as I can remember.  Since my nephew is in a 'repeating phase' where he repeats things that people say, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for his aunt to teach him a new phrase.....'Mike Schmidt stinks.' 

Needless to say, my brother was not very happy, but it sure made for some laughs!

Now onto the food front....

What do you do when you have two different leftovers that have to be eaten?  You combine them, of course!

I took some turkey chili that I had leftover and added it to some leftover noodles.

 It was yummy!

Now I'm off to finish some work.  Even though today is President's Day, I'm stuck at work - lucky me!

Oh yes, one more thing - Happy birthday to my brother Eric!

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

5 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey sweetie!!! your nephew is a cutie!

Don't worry, I have to go to work too today lol

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

ah! Such an awesome picture! I remember LOVING icing as a kiddo. My Mom always serves chili over noodles- so your leftover combo reminds me of home :) Happy birthday to your bro!

Yup- I'm working too! I think more people are working than not today!!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

The highlight of my weekend was the dinner party I went to yesterday.

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm at work too, boo! I love that you guys made your nephew say that. I said it out loud and I got it immediately :)

The highlight of my weekend was an awesome meal out with hubby and my parents. Great food & conversation!

Biz said... Best Blogger Tips

Okay, I should have seen this as a sign of my super organized, clean freak daughter to be - on her first birthday she ate her cake with a fork!

Such a cute picture! And I love noodles with chili - we call it chili mac :D