Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Don't Need Caffeine

Remember how I needed chocolate yesterday?  Well, today I realized how much I don't need caffeine. 
The hubby, baby and I slept overnight at my mom's house last night.  My mom typically watches the baby on Tuesdays, when my husband works his second job.  Normally, I take the train from her house and pick the baby up after work.  With all of the ice predicted for this morning, we thought it would be a better idea to sleep over rather than risk driving to her house early in the morning. 

When I woke up, I was extremely thankful that we chose to spend the night.  Cars were spinning out all over the place, and when I was walking to the bus stop, I slipped quite a few times.   I forgot to bring my decaf coffee with me and opted to have the caffeinated coffee my mom makes in the morning.  Truth be told, I haven't had caffeinated coffee since I found out I was pregnant over a year ago.
Let me tell you....ever since drinking the coffee, I've been feeling so jittery and shaky.  I'm talking a mile a minute to my co-workers and it's driving me insane!  Note to self: do yourself a favor and skip the caffeinated coffee from now on.

Even though I don't need caffeine, what I can go for is some chicken cutlet.  I don't know what's been up with my food blog pics lately, but they are getting worse instead of better.  I think that's party because I have to rush to take the picture and eat before the baby wakes up.




Chicken cutlet is one of those meals that I could eat almost every night of the week. It's so delicious!

Question of the Day:
Coffee or tea?  Caffeinated or decaf?

As much as I try to like tea, I just can't handle it.  I'm a spoiled coffee lover, I guess!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie 

8 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

lol I think you have an addiction to chicken lol...you and my bf would get along so well =)

be careful out there...it is soooo bad!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

I love caffeine, but just a bit in the morning. It can make me VERY jittery, too. If and when I ever have diet soda (which is pretty much never), it gives me those symptoms and I hate it!!

P.S. The picture looks AWESOME, perfect picture or not!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

I never thought I would be able to give up caffeine- seriously! Now that I have- I can't really imagine going back. I guess I will see how I feel once the baby is born ;)

getting Fit said... Best Blogger Tips

love coffee in the morning (if i dont have it well my kiddos dont like me too much lol!) and TEA at night : ) uncaffinated.

I would love to try and quit caffine..i did when prego. not sure why i went back?

Good for YOU! CHEERS!!!!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I quit coffee but I'm still drinking green tea so I still get a little bit of caffeine- just not the same as my double espresso shots =)

Hope you stay warm and safe in the cold!

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said... Best Blogger Tips

I love everything about coffee: the taste, its associations, the comfort :-) I don't think I can give it up. I do like tea too: herbal and regular.

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never had coffee so I guess i'd say tea- but really i prefer diet pepsi!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I like both, but I drink coffee more often. Decaf after 4:00 p.m. on work days or when I have to get up early.