Friday, February 25, 2011

Chicken and 'Shrooms

Happy Friday!  I'm so, so, so excited for the weekend.  This is the first weekend in a long time that the husband, baby and I have almost the entire weekend free.  Since our schedules have been crammed so much lately, we've decided to make Sundays our family day.  It's the one day all week that we can put away schedules and calendars and focus on our bond as a family.

On the food front, the hubby and I have been eating a lot of chicken.  Not surprising, right?  I made this simple but tasty dish using some canned mushrooms, onions and chicken.

I started by seasoning the chicken with pepper and putting it in a non-stick pan.  Next, I chopped up some onions and added a can of mushrooms.  I put the lid over the pan and let it steam away.


Chicken, mushrooms and onions
I'm sure this would work beautifully with fresh mushrooms but I didn't have any on hand.

A note about yesterday's post....a few people asked why my doctor didn't want me to do any exercise other than walking when I was pregnant.  I never questioned him on it (bad idea) but I can almost guess that his reasoning was because around 7-8 weeks into my pregnancy, I started spotting.  I think he wanted to play it "safe rather than sorry" and he told me to take it easy and rest for awhile.

Question of the Day:
Any fun weekend plans?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

3 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Great dish! I always wish that I liked mushrooms....And a free weekend sounds like pure bliss to me- enjoy it. DEFINITELY better safe than sorry with the baby! And now you've got that adorable little bundle ;)

thehealthyapron said... Best Blogger Tips

I was wondering that but didn't want to bring anything up if you didn't feel like sharing!
Have a great weekend!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Nothing big planned for the weekend ... just a friends birthday dinner Saturday night, and then probably hanging around at home and doing homework.