Monday, February 28, 2011

Busy but Productive Weekend

Happy Monday!
Even though I didn't have anything planned to do this weekend, it still turned out busy but productive.  When I say busy, I mean that it was busy with things that the hubby and I needed to get done around the house (errands, cleaning, etc.) It was nice not to rush around here, there and everywhere.

On Saturday, I went to my Weight Watchers meeting and lost 0.6, which makes it 18 pounds total that I've lost since starting Weight Watchers again.  I'm excited!  This means I have 23.6 pounds left to lose until I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight and 32 pounds to go until I hit my goal weight.  Sweet!

After my meeting, I went to my mom's house to pick up the little guy.  A friend of mine bought him these sunglasses and I couldn't resist trying them on him.  He kept them on for a lot longer than I expected. 

Hey cutie!
Once we got home, I tried feeding the little guy some rice cereal.  He was green lighted to start cereal last Wednesday, but each time I tried to feed it to him, he got an expression on his face that let me know how gross it tasted.  The doctor told me to perservere and try it for 5 days before concluding that he didn't like it.  Sunday marked the 5th day of him making the same face so the hubby and I tried oatmeal.  It worked much, much better.


Mom, this rice cereal is nasty!
On Sunday, we took advantage of the nice weather and went for a long walk.  It felt good to get outside and excercise a little bit.  The hubby was in charge of dinner, so he made his go-to food....scrambled eggs!


Is it just me or does food taste better when someone else makes it?  The hubby's eggs always come out so much better than mine!

Question of the Day:
What was the highlight of your weekend?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

10 comments:

Biz said... Best Blogger Tips

I've watched my husband make eggs 100's of times, have even tried to recreate it, but his are always better!

Glad you had a great weekend! :D

Roz said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Ann Marie. I just found your blog via your comment on Biz's site. Just wanted to say "hi" and let you know how much I like it. I've bookmarked it and will be visiting often. Have a great week.

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Roz,
Thanks so much for the comment! Hope you enjoy your week too!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

LOVE the glasses- too cute :) Glad the weekend was nice. I agree- my Mom makes the best stew and spaghetti and I have no concept of why its so much better than mine. She must just rock :)

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on the loss, you are doing WONDERFUL!!!

thehealthyapron said... Best Blogger Tips

What a sweetheart!! Such a little man! Glad you had a good weekend!!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

oh my word what a cutie and I am now craving scrambled eggs!

xo

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on the weight loss! I think my husband's are better too! highlight of my weekend was celebrating Katie & Chris's going away!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on the loss!!!

Food is MUCH better when someone else makes it :-)

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Baby looks so cute with his stylish glasses and eating oatmeal- such a blogger in the making!

Congrats on the weightloss! You are doing a fantastic job, lady!