Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Using Up Leftovers

Sorry to be MIA yesterday, but I was swamped with work.  I believe the only time I stopped was to go to the gym on my lunch break.  My work has partnered with Great American Fitness Adventure to get us exercising 30 minutes a day.  As an incentive, employees who sign up are granted free access to the gym for the next two months.  Free gym access? Sign me up!

I went with my friend to try Zumba and we had a blast!  It was my first time doing it, and let me tell you, it can be quite a workout!  I'm pretty sore today, but it's a love/hate relationship.  Today's exercise class is Cardio n' Tone, which is like an aerobics class.  I'm excited to try it out!

I know some people don't like them, but I personally love leftovers.  It makes for quick meals, and I love the versatility - you can reheat and eat or make something completely different.  It all depends on your mood.

On Sunday, there was some leftover turkey meatloaf that needed eating.  I tossed it in a salad and made my current favorite dressing....1 tablespoon of light mayo and hot sauce.

















This picture was taken as an afterthought-sorry!

I love throwing leftovers in salads.  It's a good way to use up what you have and to gets some veggies in for the day!

Question of the Day:
How do you use leftovers?  Reheat and eat or make something new?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

4 comments:

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Great job on getting your exercise in! I am jealous of your company doing that- mine likes our butts in our seats!

I like leftovers topped over salads too, or cooked into soup.

Dawn (healthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

I love love love eating leftover - My favorite is to eat them cold!

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

Very cool of your company! So glad you liked zumba and had fun with your friend! I'm a HUGE leftover person!

Biz said... Best Blogger Tips

I am the leftover queen because my hubs won't eat them.

I am posting a recipe for pork and black bean chili tomorrow that I made with a leftover pork tenderloin - it turned out really good!

Thanks for your virtual hug!!