Friday, January 21, 2011

Soup Weather

Yesterday was the perfect weather for soup.  It was the kind of day that felt like snow was on its way - the kind of day where you'd rather be snuggled up under the covers instead of at work.

I enjoyed my soup at the lunch table rather than under blankets, but you win some, you lose some, right?

My mom made the most delicious bean soup and shared some with me.















She puts beans, veggies and leftover ham in the crock pot and lets it cook all day.  I'm a fan of most soups, but I have to say that homemade soup is the best stuff ever!

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite cold weather food?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

7 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

DELICIOUS! I love bean & veggie soups. Plus anything that can be done in the slow cooker is a winner for me! My favorite cold weather foods are definitely soups, stews & chilis

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

It is totally soup weather, yes! I brought chicken noodle soup for lunch today and with the -7 temps, I am more than ready to dig in!!

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

Hmm I'm weird and love cold food and ice cream, even in the coldest of winter! If I want to keep warm I'll make tea!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum- I love soups but am terrible at making them myself!

I love hot tea on a cold day and drink it to warm up all day long.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Soup is hands down my favourite cold weather soup - I could live on soup alone and be happy.

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

That soup looks absolutely amazing and very delicious.

xo

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

Definitely soup - I've been making so many soups lately and love how filling the homemade ones are!