Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Own Two Hour Delay

I woke up today to a sheet of ice on my car and on the roads.  I have to be in work by 8:00, but today, I came in around 9:45.  Even though there was no technical two hour delay, I created my own.  Better for me to be late than for me not to make it into work at all.

I have to say that I really enjoyed my day off yesterday.  Not only did I get to spend some extra quality time with the little guy, but I also got some things done around the house.  It helped that I had some yummy food cooking away in the crockpot.  Every time I use my crockpot, I'm reminded of how I need to use it more, and yet, I only use it once in a while.  This really needs to change.....and fast!

I found this amazing recipe from Sweet & Savory's blog.  I knew I couldn't wait for very long before I tried it, so here we go!

I took a jar of salsa and poured some in the crockpot.  Next, I added 4 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breast and covered with the rest of the salsa.  Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is easily shredded.

After 5 hours, I stuck my fork in and shredded the chicken.  It looked like this when it was all done....
















I can't wait to add this to salads, use it as tacos....the possibilities are endless!

Question of the Day:
Do you use your crockpot to cook?  What's your favorite thing to make in the crockpot?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

5 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad you enjoyed your day off :) I had to work- but it wasn't too busy of a day, so not bad ;) LOVE my crock pot too! This sounds fabulous. Just a note on cooking chicken in the crockpot. I've heard you're only supposed to do it on high. The word is that cooking it on low doesn't kill the bacteria completely. I'm not sure how true this is...but I'm just a better safe kinda gal.

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

I have a crockpot but I've never used it! I so often hear how much time it saves, all the things you can really do with it - I should really give it a try!

mr. pineapple man said... Best Blogger Tips

that would be so good with tacos!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

That ice sounds pretty brutal - are you sure you are not living in my city!!!!?? Hehe!

I don't use my crock pot very often, as I always forget about it.

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

The ice has been crazy brutal here. Very scary. I really need to try cooking more meals in the crockpot it's just so easy!

xo