Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Meals from Home

One of the things that I have sitting in my freezer from when I had the baby is a big pot of my mom's meatballs, sausage and gravy.  This week I decided it was time to break that sucker open and enjoy all the goodness that comes with it.

Usually I'd make a pot of spaghetti to go with the meatballs, but right now, the meatballs are the perfect meal for a hungry mom and her equally hungry hubby.
















My mom has officially made the switch from using ground beef to using ground turkey, and I'm incredibly proud of her!  I've been telling her for years that if you season the ground turkey the right way, you won't be able to taste the difference.  You know what?  She finally agrees with me!  Way to go, mom!

I know that I'm biased, but nothing compares to my mom's homemade meatballs. (although my grandmom's meatballs are right up there too!)  They are delicious and filled with a ton of flavor.

Question of the Day:
Ground turkey, ground beef or neither?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

5 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Meatballs are fabulous! Josh likes all varieties so I usually do some beef, some turkey and bean balls too!

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

I love a good meatball - my mom some pretty good ones herself. I on the other hand have yet to make a good meatball! :(

And I'm a ground turkey kinda girl!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

It's funny you post about meatballs...I watched a Throwdown episode yesterday that featured meatballs and I've been craving them ever since! I love turkey and beef meatballs, but I think I'm going to try my hand at vegetarian meatballs...or a mix with turkey! Mmm!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

I absolutely love meatballs. I am trying not to eat meat so meatballs will be one thing I miss.

xo

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Meatballs are the best thing ever ... I love them with any type of ground meat.