Monday, January 10, 2011

A Little Essence

I have a basket in my cabinet where I stash my free samples and reviews for the blog.  I was looking around in the basket and came across this......
















I'm not sure how long this has actually been sitting around, which is kind of scary, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway.  It's just spices, right?  (If I'm wrong, I don't think I wanna know!)

I sprinkled it on some chicken, baked it in the oven and waited.
















I could definitely smell the spices cooking away.















The result was deliciously seasoned, spicy chicken.  I remember when Emeril's Essence first came out years ago.  I wasn't much into cooking at the time, so I had no reason to see what all the fuss was about.  I certainly see now! 

Question of the Day:
Do you watch cooking shows?  Which ones?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

8 comments:

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

my favorite cooking show is without a doubt, iron chef. i just love to heat in the kitchen!

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

LOVE Emril and Rachael Ray - they're my faves!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad the chicken turned out well! I love a good spice blend. And I watch TONS of cooking shows- Ina, Giada, Bobby are my favs

Biz said... Best Blogger Tips

Okay, the bacon people are no longer responding to me - so weird to offer products for a give away and not pony up - so I'd like to send you a box of my favorite things if you don't mind?

OMG, I am the queen of food shows - right now I have probably no less than 8 shows ready to watch on my DVR just from the past weekend!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

My dad is insanely obsessed with Emeril and always "Bams" his food with Emeril items. I love cooking shows and watch them all the time. Sandra Lee is my favorite.

xo

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun said... Best Blogger Tips

My dad used to swear by that seasoning. It does have good flavor.

Jenn@slim-shoppin said... Best Blogger Tips

Do I watch cooking shows? A ton of them. If there is nothing else on TV, and I'm just doing things, I'll have the food channel on or the food network!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I used to love "Everyday Italian" but it is not on anymore, and I am not as big of a fan of Giada's new show. I like Iron Chef, and French Cooking at Home.