Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Feeling Spicy

Thank you for all of your sweet comments on yesterday's post.  I now have a new-found respect for working moms.  Seriously, how do you do it?  I came home last night exhausted, but I couldn't have been happier to see my little guy. 

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you'll know that I'm kinda obsessed with chicken.  I think it's a blank canvas and love trying new things with it.  I guess you could also say the same for tofu, but I don't think I can get the hubby to eat it.

Before heading back to work, I thought it would be a good idea to defrost a bunch of chicken and cook it so that when I come home, I can heat it and eat it without thinking about anything else.  I was really in the mood for buffalo chicken, but didn't have any blue cheese dressing hanging around in the house.  I used the next best thing-ranch dressing.

Ranch dressing and hot sauce

















Poured it over the chicken and baked until done.















It was delicious!  The hot sauce baked right into the chicken and gave it a little kick that made it taste amazing.

Question of the Day:
Are you a fan of spicy things? 

For me, the spicier, the better!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

7 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

I <3 me some kick! And Josh is a buffalo chicken fanatic. He'd be all about this.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love spicy things, but I didn't always. When I met my husband he always hid spice in my food to train my taste buds, so I could eat spicy food like him! LOL!

Tracey said... Best Blogger Tips

I love spicy food. I always have to calm down the spice when cooking for others.

Mandi said... Best Blogger Tips

I think I am definitely in the minority on this one because I can't eat a whole lot of spicier foods. I can definitely do a little cayenne here and there, but too much tends to overpower my palate and plus I have a super sensitive tummy! BTW, your comment about Michael leaving The Office..I totally agree! I don't know how they'll do it without him!

Jenn@slim-shoppin said... Best Blogger Tips

I love chicken too, I make it several times a week. Tonight I took 3 chicken breasts, cut them in half lengthwise, (to make skinnier chicken so it would cook fastster). So then I had 6 thinner chicken breasts. I seasoned with salt and pepper, sprinkled with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese, and sauteed them in a little olive oil. I had leftover pasta sauce, so if anyone in my family wanted, they could pour pasta sauce over it. It was fantastic!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

lol you do love your chicken =)

I love anything spicy!!!!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Ranch dressing and hot sauce how fabulous does that sound! Definitely giving this a try this week!!!

xo