Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dinner at Mom's

Last night, the hubby dropped off the little guy to my mom's house so that she could babysit until I came home from work.  It's super convenient that my mom was home last night, and when I got to her house, she had an amazing meal waiting for me....

Stuffed peppers!
















Is that pepper huge or what?  I know the picture and the lighting is not great, but I couldn't wait to dig in, so getting the perfect picture wasn't the biggest priority.

My mom makes the best stuffed peppers.  I remember hating peppers as a kid and only eating the stuff inside the pepper.  Glad my taste buds changed.  The pepper really makes this meal!

Missed the recipe for this?  No worries - you can find it here.

I'm kinda bummed today - because of the snow, the kickboxing class at the gym has been cancelled.  I was so looking forward to working out, and while I could go to the gym and hop on a machine, I really enjoy taking classes.  Workouts are more fun when it feels like I'm doing something that's not a workout.  Does that even make any sense?  haha.

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite kind of workout?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

7 comments:

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

I have never had stuffed peppers! They're on my list of things to try!! Thanks for the recipe.

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Your Mom rocks! That looks like an awesome dinner! On a funny side note- my parents used to have those same dishes!! I am obviously HUGE into group fitness. I love the spirit in the room and just everyone inspiring one another. I also enjoy outdoor runs

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum I absolutely love stuffed peppers! I love them even more when my Mum makes them!

xo

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I totally get what you mean. I love being distracted when I workout.

My mom makes stuffed peppers too- they are delish!

My favorite workout is yoga or the strength classes at my studio. I also love walking/hiking outside.

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun said... Best Blogger Tips

Love when I have a meal waiting for me. What a nice surprise from your mom.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

The cheese on those stuffed peppers!!!! Wow!!!! Looks good!

I always find that stuffed peppers are so satisfying.

Mom on the Run said... Best Blogger Tips

AM- Congrats on your beautiful baby boy! I had my little one in mid-Nov and finally catching up with everyone.

Yay for yummy dinners from Mom! My mom does that for us on Sundays. I LOVE stuffed peppers.

I need to get back to working out.