Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Can We Talk?

There's been something on my mind since I first saw it, and now, it's gotten to a point where I need to say something. 

Has anyone heard of the new TV show called Bridalplasty?  It's a reality show where brides compete for plastic surgeries before their big day.  The winner of the show gets all of her plastic surgery done and reveals her new look to her husband-to-be when he lifts her veil at their wedding. 

Seriously?  I can't believe that we, as a society, have entered this phase of reality television.  The push for perfection has gotten completely out of hand, and it needs to stop.  I believe that plastic surgery is a personal choice, but I don't understand why we, as women, are made to feel like we have to look like Barbie dolls.  Do men go through the same scrutiny?  I would venture to say probably not as much as women do.

After having my son, I looked back on pictures where I thought that I looked heavy, and I couldn't believe how wonderful I looked.  I, too, have fallen into the trap of "I'd look better if....." and you know what?  It ends right now.  Giving birth made me realize that my body, while it may not be Hollywood's definition of perfect, is perfect for me.  I'm tired of the comparisons to other people.  I love and accept myself for who I am at this very moment, stretchy pants and all.

I posted this video a while ago, but felt that it was fitting to share with you again.  YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL......and don't you forget it!


Question of the Day:
What makes you beautiful?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

6 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

That show sounds awful. Absolutely terrible.

Dancing makes me feel beautiful :-)

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

That show is awful. I refuse to even turn it on to see what its like. My pretty eyes and strong body make me beautiful!!

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

I heard of that show. What an awful premise for a show! I. Completely agree with you.

Sweet and Savory said... Best Blogger Tips

Right now I'd have to say my pregnant belly makes me beautiful:)

I saw a snipit of this show the other day and quickly turned it!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Isnt that show absolutely insane. I dont even want to watch it... its awful that this is what we`ve gotten to in society.

xo

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

I heard about that show and it really is a new low. I get suckered into a lot of reality TV, but not that kind. Pathetic, really.

I love me for making a decision every day to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle and help others to do the same. I don't think there's anything more beautiful than that.