Monday, December 6, 2010

Homemade Applesauce

I know I say this a lot, but one of my favorite things about blogging and reading blogs is that I am constantly flooded with awesome ideas from other bloggers. It's amazing how creative some people are when it comes to coming up with recipes.
I've had this recipe from Nicole's blog bookmarked for quite a while, and I just had the chance to try it out.

I made a few modifications to the original recipe. I omitted the lemon juice and brown sugar and increased the amount of cinnamon.
I started by coring my apples and cutting off the skin.









I put the apples, vanilla and cinnamon in the crock pot and cooked it on low for two and a half hours.




The apples cooking away made the house smell amazing! Someone should seriously bottle this scent!



When everything was done, I was left with the most amazing tasting applesauce. This doesn't compare to the store made version at all. I loved that this recipe was so simple to make and tasted delicious. If you love applesauce, go out and make this ASAP!
Question of the Day:
Is there something homemade that you make that tastes so much better than the prepacked stuff?
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

3 comments:

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

I couldn't agree more! Never buying store-bought again! Glad you enjoyed!! :)

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for sharing this with us!!!! I am sure you are going to make this for the baby when he starts eating soft food =)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I agree that homemade apple sauce is so much better ... so are homemade cookies, and homemade cranberry sauce. And soup. And pasta sauce. I could go on all day ...