Friday, December 17, 2010

Good For You Dessert

I love dessert, almost to a fault. I grew up eating dessert (and lots of it), and now, as I'm trying to get my pre-baby body back, I'm trying to make my desserts healthier. When I started Weight Watchers in 2006, I found a dessert that tasted like a treat but was very healthy as well.

Last night, I revisited this dessert and had to share it with you.

Core an apple and cut it into pieces. Sprinkle with some Splenda and cinnamon and microwave for about two minutes or so.
















When it comes out of the microwave, you'll be greeted with warm, apple pie smelling apples. Add a little fat free whip cream and you're good to go! I swear it tastes like an apple pie minus the crust.

I didn't have any whip cream in the house, so I substituted the next best thing-peanut butter.

Serve with a glass of milk, and you've got a good for you dessert fit for a queen......or a very hungry food blogger.


(Please excuse the bottle rack in the back!)
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! The hubby and I have two Christmas parties to go to and a visit with Santa.
Question of the Day:
What's your favorite healthy dessert?
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

3 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Fruit is my favourite healthy dessert ... like a grapefruit.

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I love fruit or yogurt with frozen berries for dessert. I love baked apples too!

movesnmunchies said... Best Blogger Tips

mm suck a quick and healthy dessert! I definitely think pb was the way to go!