Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Good Deal!

Happy Thursday!
Today, the baby and I set out on a new adventure-Produce Junction! Produce Junction is a store where you can buy fresh fruits and veggies in bulk for a discounted price. I can't believe I've waited this long to actually shop here.
Last week, the hubby mentioned to me that he wanted to start eating more fruits and veggies instead of lots of processed bars and snacks. Even though I'd rather eat healthier, sometimes getting lots of fruits and veggies can get super expensive. It seems that the prices in the grocery stores are going up and the quality of the produce is going down.
After John drank his milk, I packed up the car and headed out. As soon as I got there, I couldn't believe how crowded it was, especially for a weekday at 12:00. I didn't get to spend as much time there as I would have liked due to a sleeping baby and lack of a coach to walk around with, but I enjoyed walking through the store. I immediately headed to the fruits because the hubby and I are more likely to eat them throughout the day more than veggies.
I was super impressed with the loot I came home with for $7.50.
A huge crate of clementines, 2 lbs of bananas and a bunch of apples.
The most expensive item were the clementines at $4.00 a box, but compared to the $6.99 price at the grocery store, I thought that it was a steal. The apples were $1.50 and the bananas were $2.00 for 2 pounds.
The only downside to Produce Junction is that you can't pick your own fruit or veggies. Everything is prepackaged, so if there are a few rotten pieces, you're kinda stuck.
Considering that I've spent almost $10.00 on four oranges and a few pears at the grocery store, I'd say that this was a good deal.
Question of the Day:
Where do you go for good deals on your produce?
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

1 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I got to Costco to get the best deals on produce (it is always of high quality too).