Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Forgetting the Best Part!

The hubby and I had a very low key Christmas party to attend, and we signed up to bring the
salad. I went out to the store and bought the necessary ingredients:
  1. Lettuce
  2. Dressings
  3. Grape Tomatoes
  4. and the best part.....croutons
I went to assemble the salad right before we left and couldn't find the croutons. I searched everywhere for this key ingredient with no luck. I even went so far as checking the receipt to see if they were there. Turns out that they must have went with the next person's order-there weren't any croutons on my list.
I did the only thing I knew how to do.....I fudged it. I added some shredded cheese and some peanuts, which were the hubby's suggestions.
Doesn't look so bad, right?
By the end of the night, the salad bowl was empty, and everyone commented on how much they loved the peanuts in the salad. I guess the best part wasn't the croutons after all!
Question of the Day:
Have you ever forgotten to buy an ingredient for a recipe? What did you do?
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

4 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I forget ingredients all the time, and then I sweet talk the hubby into going down the street to the grocery store to get me the ingredients I need.

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

I actually don't like croutons unless they're homemade...I know I'm weird :)

I used agave in place of syrup the other night and YUM! It was great!

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

I hate when that happens! Good for you for improvising! I usually freak out. haha And then I try to find a replacement - it usually works out after I freak! LOL

Biz said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice way to save the salad! And I am with Nicole - I love homemade ones, not the store bought stuff.

Hey - since the bacon stuff you won is not coming from me but from the company, can you let me know when you get it?

Thanks!