Monday, November 8, 2010

Traditions

Happy Monday! It looks like the time change has finally caught up with my son, so he got very little sleep last night! Consequently, here I am blogging while he's napping. Everyone says to nap when he naps, but right now, I'm wide awake!

Last week was my grandmom's birthday, and the hubby and I took John to see his Gigi. Before I left, my grandmom explained to me that when a new mom brings her baby to a house for the first time and she nurses the baby there, the owner of the house is supposed to give her two eggs, salt and bread. Apparently, it's supposed to make the mom's milk come in better if you eat it within the week that it's given to you. I'm not one to mess with tradition, so I took grandmom's loot home.

















I made some scrambled eggs with salt and put the bread in the microwave to warm up for a bit.















Delicious!!

Thanks for the loot, grandmom!

Question of the Day:
Any fun or weird traditions in your family? Tell me about them!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

5 comments:

Biz said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad you had a great weekend - I've never heard of that tradition before!

My Mom always made us eat black eyed peas on New Years Eve - they are still gross to me - I needed a huge cup of milk just to get one pea down my throat!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Hmmmm one strange thing that we do is eat 12 grapes on new years eve between 12 and 12:01...it is supposed to be good luck lol

this gave me goosebumps "It looks like the time change has finally caught up with my son" My son! kooooooosh!

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

How cute is that? Love the tradition!!

Ours are random - like we don't watch "christmas movies" we watch movies that came out around Christmas (i.e. While You Were Sleeping, Home Alone, Love Actually). Sorry if that was a lame tradition!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

That is such a sweet tradition! I hadn't heard of that before, but I really like it!

megan @ whatmegansmaking said... Best Blogger Tips

fun tradition! Nothing too weird in my family...just sauerkraut at new year's, but I think that's fairly common