Monday, October 25, 2010

Starting Back Simply

Thank you for all of your sweet comments and well wishes about the birth of my son. I have to be honest - blogging has taken a back seat since becoming a mommy. Getting adjusted to little sleep, two hour feedings and round the clock baby watching has taken me away from the blog, but I have to say that it's been worth it!

The hubby and I spent last week with my mom, which was a huge help. This week, I'm officially on my own - hubby is back at work and it's just me an John. It's been amazing.

I've gotten the urge to blog again when I saw this picture. It's nothing stellar, but it made me take out my camera and take a snap shot. So I guess this is my return to blogging. It may not be every day, but I'll try my hardest!

While at mom's last week, I was feeling cold. When I went into the hospital to have the baby, it was nice and sunny and by the time I left, the weather had done a complete shift! So, I did what
lots of people would do in my situation....I made some hot chocolate and topped it with whipped cream.



So yummy and it totally hit the spot.

Question of the Day:
Do you find it hard to adjust to new things?

Until next time!
  • ~Anne Marie

4 comments:

the actor's diet said... Best Blogger Tips

getting adjusted to being a mommy must be the biggest life change of all - congrats!

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

So glad you're doing well - and YES, I just got a puppy and I'm having a hard time adjusting to the additional responsibility so I can only imagine what's going on with you!!

Biz said... Best Blogger Tips

So exciting that you are on your own this week! Blog when you can, we'll be here when you post!

I was 23 when I had Hannah, didn't read a single baby book or anything - I had no idea what to expect!

I was living in an apartment with my sister at the time, Hannah couldn't have been more than six weeks old.

I put her down after her morning feeding around 9:00 in the morning - at 6:00 p.m. she was still sleeping! I kept checking on her, making sure she was breathing.

I finally called my mom in tears asking what to do and she said "wake her up." Duh! I kept waiting for her to wake up!

18 years later, she's still my sleeper!

Hugs!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am often afraid of change, but I usually can settle in pretty quickly.