Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Soup - in this Weather?

Happy Wednesday!

Last week, while I was listening to the weather, I could've sworn that I heard it was supposed to be cooler this week. I thought the cooler temps would be the perfect excuse to make some soup. Fast forward to this week, and it's sunny, warm and beautiful....not exactly soup weather, but it's what I made for the week!

I got this recipe from Betty Crocker's Website. It was a simple bean and pasta soup recipe, and one that I'm putting in my archives to make when it really gets colder outside.

I put one carton of vegetable broth and one can of chicken broth in a pot and brought it to a boil. While that was going, I rinsed off a can of black beans and corn.....



.....and chopped up the pepper. Once the broth was boiling, I added the beans, corn, pepper, 1 jar of salsa and some rotini pasta and simmered until the pasta was soft.


Hearty soup!

Another view.
It was quick, painless and very filling. I love that the salsa gave the soup some added spiciness.
Question of the Day:
Do you eat soup on hot days?
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

7 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

black beans and corn rock together! I'm always up for soup regardless of the weather! So comforting

Kenzie said... Best Blogger Tips

I've heard that hot food in the summer is a common craving. It looks great! LOve the tex-mex theme!

Mother Rimmy said... Best Blogger Tips

Since it's pouring down rain here in Seattle, I won't have a problem making your soup. Congratulations on the weight loss. I lost 40 pounds on WW 15 years ago, and for the most part, I've kept it off. Every once in awhile I have to start counting points, but that's alright. :)

Love the soup!

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

I do eat soup year round. Although I admit it being much more enjoyable during cool months. I'm bummed its heated back up again around here too!

Veggies, Cake & Cocktails said... Best Blogger Tips

I eat soup all year round. Love it on hot days just as much as I love it on cold days:)

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

dang girl! That soup looks absolutely AMAZING!!!

xo

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I eat soup on ALL days :-)