Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's Time for Cookies!

On Sunday, the husband and I went to visit some friends, and I was in charge of bringing a dessert. I went the easy and simple route (but seriously, do I ever NOT take that way?) and bought some pull and bake cookies.


The snickerdoodles on the left were an EPIC FAIL. They never flattened and burnt. It was awful!

I ended up going to the store and buying some pull apart sugar cookies which worked much, much better.



I think pull and bake cookies are seriously one of the best time savers ever.




24 cookies in 24 minutes?

Yes, please!!

These were a big hit and took very little effort. When it comes to holiday baking though, I have to say that I prefer making homemade cookies. There's something about the holidays that screams mixers, chocolate chips and flour all over the place.
Question of the Day:
Pull and bake or homemade cookies - what's your preference?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

6 comments:

Miranda said... Best Blogger Tips

I almost like those better than homemade.
http://washingtondcfashion.blogspot.com/

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

I like both - I can rarely tell and man are store bought easier!

Lindsey said... Best Blogger Tips

I agree. I toss some of these in for lots of things: meetings, work, etc. They always turn out so much better than the mixes.

:)

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Those are my husband's favorite! They even have pull and bake at whole foods with organic/fancy ingredients if you are interested- they are gooood!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I have never had the pull apart and bake kind, so I would have to go with homemade!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

I have never made store bought cookies before. They are so much easier than homemade but I have just been worried about the flavor.

xo