Monday, September 13, 2010

Eating What You Crave

Happy Monday!
I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! I spent Saturday with the hubby at a party and Sunday was pretty much a lazy day filled with relaxation. No complaints from me!
Lately, I've had the strongest craving for Chinese food. It started Friday around lunch time and by Saturday night I was still talking about it. Needless to say, on Sunday morning, I woke up with Chinese food on my brain. Even though it was 8:30 in the morning, I decided that instead of traditional breakfast food, my body was craving fried rice.
I ended up making some brown rice, frozen veggies and a hard boiled egg and threw it all together in a bowl.

I topped it with soy sauce, pulled out my chopsticks (yes, I have reusable chopsticks for this very reason!) and enjoyed my mock fried rice. It satisfied my craving, which is exactly what I needed. The hubby thought it was rather odd, but I thought it hit the spot.
Question of the Day:
Do you eat what you crave, even if it's at a weird hour?
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

8 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

hehe- I love it! Yes! I always try to eat what I'm craving (or a healthier variation of it if its something naughty ;)). Looks pretty tasty to me! Hope you're feeling well!!

Biz said... Best Blogger Tips

Absolutely! When I was pregnant I didn't hesitate having spaghetti for breakfast if that's what I wanted!

Love it!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Good for you for enjoying what you crave and making it healthy too!!!!!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Monday dollface. Your food looks divine. I definitely need to try this out!

xo

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Yep, I eat what I crave ... doesn't matter the time!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Are those your prego lady cravings? I don't think I have had very strong cravings besides chocolate :)

You have really been a healthy lady the whole time- I'm so inspired by you!

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

Absolutely! Eat what you crave! Fried rice sounds really yummy right now...

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

@One Healthy Apple-thank you-you are so sweet! I haven't been entirely healthy during this time, but some days I'm better at it than others. Yes, one of the things I've been craving has been Chinese food!