Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Two Different Ways

There are two different ways to make a meal when you are referring to a recipe. For me, I keep the printed piece of paper right by my side, with all of the ingredients around me. The husband, on the other hand, takes the recipe and uses our cabinet as a holder.....


It's convenient and doesn't get messy, but it's not as portable as I'd like it to be.

The husband was helping me make dinners for the week, and he was in charge of the Mexican Rice and Bean Bake.

It was kind of hard to capture pictures while he was making this meal. I kept telling him to stop during various parts because I wanted to take a picture and he just looked at me like I was infringing in his "work area". It was pretty funny.


Beans and salsa mixed together.....

and then poured over the rice......



....add some cheese and bake for a bit...


....then you're good to go!



I enjoyed this meal, but if I were to make it again (or if the hubby were to make it again), I'd add some more spices. It was very filling though-gotta love that!

Question of the Day:
Are you a fan of beans? What's your favorite type?

I love chickpeas and kidney beans the best.

Until next time!

~Anne Marie

6 comments:

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks amazing! I have banned been products and Mexican meals until further notice in my house. My husbands body doesnt agree with them so they are NOT allowed. Maybe if he's gone for a few days I will make this myself though...holy yumo!

xo

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

mmm beans and rice- delicious and a compete protein! I love all beans- my favorites are pinto and black

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

I love beans and I think I would love this dish! I wish I could get my hubby to eat them.

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

I love chickpeas, and actually have falafel's on my lunch menu this week - so quick and easy to make :D

I would have splashed each bite of your hubs dish with Tabasco, but that's just me! :D

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I like all beans, especially white kidney beans, and chickpeas.

Maulana said... Best Blogger Tips

mmmmm...yummy,,,Hy, I from Indonesia, I hope you will visit my blog sometimes...:)