Monday, August 23, 2010

Simplicity

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. I can't believe it's Monday already, although I'm only working a four day work week.

My mom and grandmom visited with me on Saturday for a little "let's get this baby's room finished" gathering. I made some ravioli's even though my mom had brought up some leftovers for her and my grandmom to eat.

Sometimes I forget how the simplest things can really hit the spot when it comes to food.



While I was taking out the dishes, my mom asked if I had any paper plates. Of course I did....although they were Christmas paper plates with Frosty the Snowman on them.


Too bad Frosty is hidden by the ravioli's.

A simple meal, a simple serving dish.....but yet it was so perfect.

Question of the Day:
What's your idea of simplicity?

Until next time!

~Anne Marie

10 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Josh and I enjoy frozen raviolis or tortellinis on occasion- so good. My idea of simplicity right now is summer fruit... I can't get enough and I don't want to let go!

Vinda Sonata said... Best Blogger Tips

i love raviolis. thank you for sharing!!

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

haha gotta love the convenience there! Hearting the frosty plate. LOL I love canned veggies - being able to make some great casseroles with a few cans is exciting!

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

When I need a quick dinner, gnocchi is a good go to - haven't made it in a while though! They cook in less than 5 minutes and they soak up the sauce so well.

So exciting about the baby's room!

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

my idea of simple is when the kitchen isnt a mess afterwards!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Simplicity = not having to read the recipe a bunch of times to make sense of it!

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

I adore simple things so you can taste all the flavors. I hope you guys got the "finish baby room" stuff done.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I love ravioli and simple meals! My families go to simple meal at any gathering is always manicotti.

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

I can't remember the last time I had raviolo! I love it!

Do we get to see baby room pics soon???

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

Frosty :) Too cute!

I think a sandwich is simple and sometimes a sandwich tastes SO good!