Friday, August 13, 2010

Kraft's Macaroni and Cheese

As part of the Kraft First Taste program, I received a coupon in the mail for a free bag of Homestyle Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese. When I was younger, I would make a box of mac and cheese and eat the entire thing for lunch. Hmm...I wonder why I had weight problems growing up? lol.

Anyway, mac and cheese has always been one of my favorite comfort foods. Think about it-pasta, cheese.....how much better can it get? I haven't had the boxed stuff in a long time, and I don't think I've ever made my own, but when I saw the coupon for a free bag, I knew it was something I wanted to try....and fast!




What made this macaroni and cheese different from the boxed variety was that it tasted like something out of someone's kitchen rather than something out of a box. It was creamy, delicious and even had a breadcrumb topping that you could add if you wanted too.


Mmmmm!

Since I was serving this as a main dish instead of a side dish, I added some peas to it. Don't judge...I've been on a pea kick lately! I'm not sure if I would buy this again - I'd prefer to either make my own (which I still have to do) or eat someone else's homemade goodness.

Question of the Day:
Are you a mac and cheese fan?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

9 comments:

Mom on the Run said... Best Blogger Tips

I am a huge mac and cheese fan. I am not picky of kind or flavor. It is such an ideal comfort food!

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks really yummy! And yes, I'm a big mac 'n cheese fan. You're right: pasta + cheese? There are few better combos on earth. :)

Jenn

Lindsey said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh indeed...mac and cheese = happiness. Great blog - I enjoy reading -
Lindsey (lindseyadkison.blogspot.com)

BusyB said... Best Blogger Tips

Yea...not big on it too. I love making HOMEMADE : ) YUM! but once i make it...then the kids remember and ask all the time!! CHEERS

happy friday!

the actor's diet said... Best Blogger Tips

mmmm mac and cheese! i grew up on kraft's

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

I always love peas! That actually looks like great mac & cheese. Like you said it does seem more homemade than from the box.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I love mac and cheese! Especially the boxed kind :) Annie's makes a great one!

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said... Best Blogger Tips

I've always been a lover of mac and cheese. My favorite was the baked kind growing up, but I definitely had my days of eating the whole box of Kraft for a meal.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am the HUGEST mac and cheese fan!