Wednesday, August 25, 2010

In a Pizza Mood

For the first time in a long time, it was the hubby who was in the mood for pizza, not me! I think it started last week when we ate the bubble up enchilada casserole. I figured that we haven't had this meal in awhile and decided to make it for him.

I started off with some Pillsbury pizza crust laid out in a 9x13 pan.



Next, I browned some ground chicken (the store was out of the turkey that I usually buy) and added some pasta sauce to it when it was cooked through.

Pour the chicken and pasta sauce over the crust and bake at 425 for 12 minutes. Since it was so hot outside, I lowered the oven to 350 degrees and baked it for 30 minutes.


After it's done baking, add some cheese and put it in the over again until the cheese melts.



Yum!

Slice up and enjoy!



I have to say that I really enjoyed using ground chicken in this recipe. Call me crazy, but it tasted like sausage. Weird, I know, but I'm sticking by it.

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite pizza topping?

I love cheese and pepperoni. Someone suggested that I put turkey pepperoni on top next time. Genius, I tell you!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

6 comments:

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

My pizza always must have mushrooms. Love mushrooms! It looks like deep dish!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Josh and I love a good pizza night! We especially love grilling our dough. For toppings, I like TONS of veggies- peppers, onions, tomatoes, broccoli, jalapenos, etc. Fresh moz is awesome too

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmmm! Looks great. I love lots of veggies, especially extra tomatoes, peppers, onions- anything that gets carmelized and melty good:)

Tracey said... Best Blogger Tips

YUM!!! This reminds me of the pizza's my mom used to make when I was little.

I love green olives on pizza.

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

This is such a neat way to make pizza - smart! I love mushrooms on pizza - YUM!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

What an interesting pizza!!!

My fave toppings are:

- Green olives
- Mushrooms
- Tomatoes
- Onions