Friday, August 6, 2010

Home Grown

Happy Friday!

I don't know about you, but this week flew by.

I love, love, love home grown produce. Growing up, my mom had a garden at home, and I remember summers of fresh tomatoes (even though I wasn't a fan of them at the time), scallions and peppers. It was awesome.

Now that I'm on my own, my hubby and I don't have much room to make our own garden. Plus, we have rabbits in our area.....any tips on how to get them to steer clear of home grown produce? I think that's a big reason why we don't start our own.

Anyway.....

Yesterday, my friend Donna brought me in some produce from her garden. You may remember that she brought me in some peppers from her garden last year (which, by the way, rocked!) Check it out!


Tomatoes and peppers!

Apparently, the peppers are super duper hot, and I've been warned to have a glass of milk nearby when it's time to eat them. I can't wait to eat the delicious veggies-thanks so much, Donna!

I've got some plans for those tomatoes already-I can't wait to show you!

Question of the Day:
Do you have your own garden?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

10 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

LOVE summer produce. Especially tomatoes. SO good. We do have a garden but the drought/flood/drought/flood weather has kind of killed it! Luckily we have a lot of farm stands nearby! Enjoy your weekend

BusyB said... Best Blogger Tips

home grown is the BEST! : ) sometimes mine do not turn out that great ....but oh well!

That looks good hope you find a good use out of those :)

have a great FRIDAY!
CHEERS!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't have a real garden, but I have pots with herbs, and some veggies. We have had too much rain this year, so nothing really turned out :-(

When I was growing up, everything we ate came from my mom's giant garden, or the animals that we raised. She even canned stuff for the winter - I would love to do that someday!

Fashion Meets Food said... Best Blogger Tips

I love fresh produce! Especially from my own garden!!

xo

Train Your Life said... Best Blogger Tips

I do not have my own garden :( I do grow herbs on our porch. Maybe next year I will try a small tomato or pepper plant, that might work...those fresh veggies look great!


Do you add hot sauce to all kinds of pasta? I am very intrigued and wanna try lol

Train Your Life said... Best Blogger Tips

Here are some rabbit tips

http://www.ehow.com/how_4388_protect-garden-rabbits.html

Biz said... Best Blogger Tips

We tried for years to have our own garden, but the bunnies and deer ate everything before we did - so I just wait til the end of August and buy bushels of tomatoes - without all the weeding!

Blogger will not let me comment on OpenID :(

the actor's diet said... Best Blogger Tips

i have a black thumb. i do grow herbs on my front porch, but i'm really bad about keeping them alive. i have to go water them now, actually - thanks for the reminder!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I have my own garden. It makes food so much better after knowing you grew it yourself :)

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

Your garden yield looks amazing! I miss my garden, but I look forward to making a new one next year! But I agree, home-grown is the best!